Monday, October 31, 2011

10.30.2011- Rethinking... again...

So I was sitting at my piano playing random notes because I had gotten bored of rehearsing Chopin's Etude in A Flat (no surprise there). A few notes later, maybe because the weather was typically dismal and I was wearing my red shirt with a Christmas tree design, I realized that what I was playing sounded faintly like Jingle Bells.

So this is how this second rethinking came about: Variations on Jingle Bells.
In sort of an obsessive fervor (and ignoring the many pages of APUSH notes still to do), I spent about seven hours composing various versions of Jingle Bells, to be compiled in a single piece. The result: three variations on Jingle Bells, and an opening and end to the compilation.

This time, I'm fairly sure I'm sticking to this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment